[TACRAO] Listserv Commencement Ceremony Questions for Community Colleges

Scott Branum tbranum at gc.edu
Wed Apr 13 11:28:27 CDT 2016

Good morning, Holly.  Here are the answers to your questions:

1. How many graduates participate in your spring ceremony? Approximately 300
2. Do graduates process into the ceremony in 1 line or 2? Two lines
3. Does Faculty process in with graduates? Before and/ or After? Faculty are part of the processional and recessional.  The processional order is: college mace, students, faculty, platform guests.  The recessional order is: college mace, platform guests, faculty, students.
4. Do you use Marching Order software? No
5. Do you conduct a rehearsal before the ceremony? Yes - the morning before the ceremony.

--
Scott Branum | Director of Admissions/Registrar
Galveston College
As we are approaching spring commencement, I wanted to obtain some information about how ceremonies can be conducted with efficiency and ease both for staff and students.

Commencement Ceremony Questions for Community Colleges:

1. How many graduates participate in your spring ceremony?
2. Do graduates process into the ceremony in 1 line or 2?
3. Does Faculty process in with graduates? Before and/ or After?
4. Do you use Marching Order software?
5. Do you conduct a rehearsal before the ceremony?

Thanks!
Holly Surginer
Assistant Registrar
McLennan Community College