[TACRAO] Listserv SMU: New Registrar

Hall, John A. (University Registrar) jhall at mail.smu.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:21:19 CDT 2015

Pat,

Thank you for sharing with us the good news of Mary's appointment as TCU's new University Registrar. There is no doubt that the TCU administration has exercised incredibly good judgement in this decision. Mary has already made an impressive mark in our profession, and we know she will continue to expand on it.

My very best wishes to you as you head into your year of research support to the Provost, and then as you and Ann move into retirement. Our profession and association will miss you.

I appreciate all your wise advice over the last 26 years, and thank you for your willingness to discuss any issue I threw at you, at any time. You never once complained when I called your cell phone with some question and you were in a meeting or facing some deadline.

Although we have had numerous discussions during conference sessions, at conference meals, in hospitality rooms, at hotel bars and on the golf course, I still easily remember our first discussion in the hotel bar at the Orlando SACRAO conference in 1988. As I recall you had recently moved into the Registrar's role from IR, and I knew right away that you'd be an excellent registrar and a great resource to whom to bounce questions.

Pat, congratulations on a stellar career! Mary, best wishes as your career shifts into a new gear.

Regards,

John

John Hall
University Registrar