[TACRAO] Listserv Permanent Residency question

Jenkins, Robert Robert.Jenkins at uth.tmc.edu
Fri Jun 5 12:16:28 CDT 2015

Hello TACRAO,
We had to make a change on our graduate application and add some clarification due to the confusion described below.  We were getting an increasing number of applicants who stated they were permanent residents.  When our international office asked them for documentation, we found that none existed.  The applicant's understanding of the question was "I've been living here in Texas (or USA) permanently and have no intention of leaving.....therefore, yes I am a permanent resident."

Happy Friday.
Robert
[Rjenkins]