[TACRAO] Listserv Diploma Mailing

Garza, Rebecca RGarza at dcccd.edu
Tue Jul 7 22:45:24 CDT 2015

Please see below.

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Gilford, Lakeidra
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 9:16 AM
To: 'tacrao at tamuc.edu'
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Diploma Mailing

Good afternoon morning,

The University of Houston-Downtown is looking for economical options in mailing our diplomas. With the rise of US postage, we are considering a cost effective alternative in doing so. We'd like to get feedback on how other colleges/universities are handling diplomas, especially those in Texas.

I would like to know the following:

1) What type of distribution if mailed (flat envelope or tube) and est. postage cost per item?  Flat envelope.
2) Do you have tracking on your diplomas, i.e. signature confirmation or other tracking? If not, why?  Yes, We send the certified mail with a return receipt.
3) How do you handle returned diplomas?  They must pick them up.  We will not resend by mail.

Thanks for all your continued support.

Thanks,
LaKeidra N. Gilford, M.B.A
Coordinator of Degree Audit and Graduation
P 713-223-7917
F 713-223-7438
www.uhd.edu/registrar<http://www.uhd.edu/registrar>

Notice: Unless otherwise specifically indicated, the information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is only intended for the review and use of the above-named person(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that the recipient is strictly prohibited from any use, storage, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication. If you have received this email message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at the number above and return the original message to us at the address above.