[TACRAO] Listserv FW: Non Credit in Banner question

Lorena Rios lorenar at laredo.edu
Mon Apr 27 09:37:05 CDT 2015

Morning Susan,
We use Banner for our continuing education courses under the quarter terms.  We setup terms in STVTERM and use SOATERM using the same process to open terms as for the academic terms.  We also use SFAESTS and SFARSTS to activate registration
For quarter terms, we use:
201611 - Quarter I
201621 - Quarter II
201631 - Quarter III
201641 - Quarter IV

For academic terms, we use:
201610 - Fall
201620 - Spring
201630 - SSI
201640 - SSII

The only problem we are currently experiencing and trying to find a solution is in the Admissions Area with the SGASTDN records.  Some of these issues are the following:

·         A good common matching needs to be perform before creating a person in Banner to avoid duplication of PIDMS.

·         We use SAQUICK to create the PERSON and then create an admissions decision for the SGASTDN record to be created under a different level "Q" for quarter.  The problem is that the SGASTDN is created from current quarter term to end of time 999999.

·         On the academic year, If a student is out for more than one year, an admissions hold is placed and he/she needs to be reapply for admissions, but the SGASTDN record remains open to end of time 999999.  This is also causing a lot of issues.

If there's another school who has a better process, please contact me.  We are reviewing our current processes to solve all these issues.

Susan, feel free to give me a call.  If you need assistance on the set up of the non-credit courses.

Lorena Rios
Assistant Registrar - Office of the Registrar
Laredo Community College
Lerma Peña Building, Room 160
West End Washington Street  · Laredo, Texas 78040
Phone: 956.794.4505  ·  Fax: 956.764.5974
lorenar at laredo.edu<mailto:lorenar at laredo.edu>

 [palomino2012-new-email_sm]