[TACRAO] Listserv Transfer Courses Entry and Evaluation

WALKER, VANESSA VANESSA.WALKER at tccd.edu
Tue Sep 23 07:50:03 CDT 2014

Hi Angalynn,

TCC's answers follow:

*             Only courses for which you are granting an equivalency?
We enter all passing college level coursework with some exceptions, if there is a course with a lecture and lab and the student is missing or failed one or the other (lec/lab) then the course is not entered. We give generic(elective) credit for courses that have no TCC course equivalency.

*             Remedial courses?
Remedial courses are not entered unless they are from Texas institutions and it is the only way for the student to meet TSI status. (ex. completed Intermediate algebra with C or better)

*             Courses with a grade of F?
No, they are not entered.

*             Courses with a grade of W?
No, they are not entered.

*             Courses that have been repeated?
Repeated courses are entered once taking the highest grade. If the student repeated a course from the same institution or from additional institutions the course is only entered once.

*             Upper level courses (that you, as a community college, do not offer)?
We do not enter graduate work or doctoral work. Academic Support my substitute coursework on a case-by-case basis.

*             All courses...then enter equivalency information for those that have an equivalency as my institution?
I believe I have answered this question above.

Regards,

Vanessa Walker
Assistant Director | Records & Reports
Tarrant County College District | Office:  TREF 3320
300 Trinity Campus Circle | Fort Worth, TX  76102
817-515-1551 | Fax 817-515-0625
vanessa.walker at tccd.edu<mailto:vanessa.walker at tccd.edu>| www.tccd.edu<http://www.tccd.edu/>

Please take a minute to respond to the following questions.  I want to be in-line with my contemporaries across the state.

When you receive a transfer transcript, what do you enter into your student information system?

*         Only courses for which you are granting an equivalency?

*         Remedial courses?

*         Courses with a grade of F?

*         Courses with a grade of W?

*         Courses that have been repeated?

*         Upper level courses (that you, as a community college, do not offer)?

*         All courses...then enter equivalency information for those that have an equivalency as my institution?

Thank you for your time.

[cid:image001.png at 01CEB55F.90141980]

Angalynn Bishop, MPA
Registrar
Harvin Student Center, Room 270
Del Mar College
101 Baldwin Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX  78404
361.698.1248 Office
800.652.3357 Toll Free
361.698.1595 Fax
www.delmar.edu<http://www.delmar.edu/>

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email, including attachments, may be
privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential as provided by law. The information in this email is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the email message and immediately
return the email, attachments, and any and all copies to the sender. If you are not the intended recipient
of this email and received it in error, please be advised that you may be subject to civil liability for any
use of privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information contained herein.