[TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

Lynda S. Langham llangham at sfasu.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:00:56 CDT 2014

SFA's responses are below.

Lynda Langham

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynda Langham '03
Registrar
Stephen F. Austin State University
PO Box 13050
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3050
Phone: 936-468-2120
Fax: 936-468-7638

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CDEDC0.588271E0]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFD324.2D741760]<https://www.facebook.com/SFARegistrarsOffice>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01CFD324.2D741760] <https://twitter.com/SFARegistrar>

             [http://www.buttongenerator.com/temp2/temp74107482up.png] <http://www.sfasu.edu/registrar/>

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Martha Fothergill
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:19 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Transcript Requests

We are reviewing our methods for processing of, and delivery of, official transcripts. Specifically our questions deal with students who are not local and are unable to come to our office to pick up their transcripts and they are sending in their request forms.

Your response with answers to the following would be very helpful.

1)      Approximate time frame for completion of request (from receipt of request form to sending transcript) PDF transcript is produced within a few minutes to a few hours; EDI and printed transcripts are usually produced within 24 hours (We utilize Credentials Solutions for our online ordering)

2)      Do you ever "rush" the clearing process for a student, and if so do you charge an additional fee? How much? We do this occasionally. We usually don't charge extra.

3)      If you are willing to "rush" the clearing process, and electronic delivery is not possible, are you willing to send the transcript "overnight" via FedEX.  If so, what are the charges involved?  We will send a transcript by FedEX, but the student has to specify that option in the online request, and the student pays the charges.

4)      If you are willing to "overnight" transcripts, do you have the ability to do this via your campus mail service or must someone from your office make a special trip to a FedEX provider? FedEX makes a pickup at 4 PM each day at our Transcript Office.

5)      Any other information you feel would be helpful to us? We have had a great working relationship with Credentials over the past several years. We recently implemented the PDF transcript, hoping that it would reduce costs for students requiring quick turnaround and reduce our overhead for paper, personnel, and postage. We are indeed seeing that trend.

Your time to respond is very much appreciated.