[TACRAO] Listserv Student Identity Verification

Scott Smiley Smiley_s at utpb.edu
Thu Sep 4 10:26:57 CDT 2014

I did not receive any comments on the subject listed below from any listserv
participant.  As a listserv viewer, I believe the questions fall into one of
three categories:  #1 Why did you ask that question, it doesn't deserve a
response (I never feel this way);  #2  Good question and quick to respond (I
sometimes feel this way);  OR  #3  I have no idea how to answer this and it
will take too long to find an answer (many times I have felt this way),
therefore no response.

Based on these three categories, I am assuming the following request is
closer to #3, rather than #1, but hopeful that someone will find it to be a
good question with a quick response (#2).

If it is leaning more towards the 3rd category type (too difficult, no
response), I hope we can get this on a TACRAO Conference Session Agenda so
that we can share best practices of how a campus verifies the identity of
the students who enroll, the procedures to systematically check this and the
challenges of doing so for Online Students.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.