[TACRAO] Listserv Residency Question

Montes, Sofia C montess at uthscsa.edu
Thu Oct 23 09:38:46 CDT 2014

Hi, Kristi:

My responses are highlighted below.  Any information we use for a residency classification is used only if it's in writing, so we'd need "proof" from said landlord to begin with. From there we really don't "dig" much further, per se.  We take all documents at face value and don't question or verify unless something seems overtly inaccurate or fraudulent. For reference, given our institution type, a majority of students seeking Texas residency do so via the domicile/physical presence path, including marriage to a Texas resident. Through this process we receive and review a great deal of supporting docs.

As a friendly reminder, Jane Caldwell will be at the annual conference in Waco to offer a Residency Update at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, October 29. There will also be a Hot Topics session specific to Texas residency, so everyone is welcome to bring their questions and feedback. That one takes place on Wednesday as well, at 10:20 a.m.

Have a great day,

Sofia C. Montes, M.Ed.
Senior Associate Registrar
UT Health Science Center - San Antonio