[TACRAO] Listserv College or school on diploma

Helm, Jonathan C. Jonathan_Helm at baylor.edu
Wed Oct 8 11:55:06 CDT 2014

Cie,

The answer for Baylor University is yes to both questions.  In our case, the donor name is part of the official name of a few of our schools.

As an aside, I agree with Pat's comments that the degree is conferred by the University and not the college or school at Baylor.  With that in mind, I still believe there are ways to appropriately and accurately convey the name of the college or school on the diploma, and there is the possibility of wording things in a way that is inaccurate and would lead someone to believe the degree was conferred by the college/school.  Unfortunately, I have a quarrel with the way our diplomas currently read at Baylor, but I have not yet been convincing enough that we need to make a change.

Jonathan
Jonathan C. Helm
Registrar
Baylor University