[TACRAO] Listserv tuition waiver for foster care, adopted youth, youth in permanent conservatorship

KLIMITCHEK, Missy Missy.Klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu
Tue May 13 14:03:24 CDT 2014

Good Afternoon All -

Would appreciate your input on a conversation taking place at my institution between Admissions, Financial Aid, Payment Center, and a High School Counselor:

Is a high school diploma or GED required for a student who is using the tuition waiver for foster care, adoption, or conservatorship?

We have a local high school who has a high school junior who wants to stop going to high school and start college.  She has passed her exit level state assessments, and only lacks 4 credits to graduate.  She does not want to finish high school and will be using the foster care waiver to pay for college.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Missy

Missy Klimitchek, Registrar
Admissions and Records
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF6EB4.1AEA3900]
2200 East Red River | Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 572-6407 | missy.klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu