[TACRAO] Listserv Dual Graduate Degrees

Sam Carrell SCarrell at uttyler.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:51:44 CDT 2014

At UT Tyler this would depend on if the two degrees were from the same College; there would be a double program listing either way since we use a single program for all four of our commencement ceremonies.

Ø  If both degrees were in the same College they would walk once using a single name card that would list both degrees alphabetically by major. They would need to pick which hood they wanted to be presented on stage.

Ø   If the degrees were from different Colleges they would have two name cards and be eligible to walk in both ceremonies. They could receive each hood separately during the appropriate ceremonies.
We currently have a formalized M.B.A./M.S.N. that follows the latter example, but have a general dual/concurrent degree policy that allows for the former to occur with any number of degree combinations.

Sam Carrell, M.B.A.
Associate Registrar
Office of the Registrar
The University of Texas at Tyler
Ph: (903) 565-5925
Fax: (903) 565-5705

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail communication (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18, U.S.C 2510-2521, is confidential and/or legally privileged and is protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use in any way of the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, and then delete it. Thank You.