[TACRAO] Listserv Survey re "new" core curriculum

Angalynn Bishop abishop3 at delmar.edu
Mon Mar 3 13:44:52 CST 2014

This question is for all y'all that use Ellucian/Colleague.  I am looking for input as to how others are handling the following challenges.

Challenge 1:
Some of the 4-credit courses that were approved were approved for 3 of the 4 credits to fulfill a component area and for 1 of the 4 credits to fulfill another component area.

Do you also have this challenge?

How are you handling the coding of these courses that are split across component areas?

Challenge 2:
In addition to noting on the transcript when the core curriculum has been completed, we would like to be able to indicate on the student's transcript when a subcomponent area of the core curriculum has been completed.  (We use the EVCC process to note core completion.)

Do you note when a subcomponent of the core is complete?

Will you share how you accomplish this?

Challenge 3:
I'm still learning the nuances of the behind the scenes components of the EVCC process.  How do you make certain that a student is being evaluated for the appropriate catalog's core curriculum when running the EVCC process for a large group of students who are using different catalog years?

Thank you for your feedback.

[cid:image001.png at 01CF36E6.C1213270]

Angalynn Bishop, MPA
Registrar
Harvin Student Center, Room 270
Del Mar College
101 Baldwin Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX  78404
361.698.1248 Office
800.652.3357 Toll Free
361.698.1595 Fax
www.delmar.edu<http://www.delmar.edu/>

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email, including attachments, may be
privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential as provided by law. The information in this email is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the email message and immediately
return the email, attachments, and any and all copies to the sender. If you are not the intended recipient
of this email and received it in error, please be advised that you may be subject to civil liability for any
use of privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information contained herein.