[TACRAO] Listserv Transfer Equivalency

Vanessa Valdez vcvaldez1 at utpa.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:10:15 CST 2014

Good Morning!

We are looking at our guidelines for evaluating transfer coursework to the university and I would like some feedback from other universities regarding the following scenario:

*         When evaluating transfer coursework for equivalencies at your institution and you come across two different transfer courses that could equate to one of your institutional courses, what is your best practice when providing equivalencies for both courses?

o   For example: Two different math courses are equivalent, in content, to one of our math courses. Would you give the same credit for both, or would you give one the credit and assign a general credit to the second?
We are a Banner school, so I am especially interested on how other Banner schools might record this.

--Vanessa
Vanessa Valdez
Associate Director of Admissions
The University of Texas-Pan American
Admissions and New Student Services
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Phone: (956) 665-7110   Fax: (956) 665-2687
Website: http://newstudent.utpa.edu<http://newstudent.utpa.edu/>
 "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."  --Harriet Tubman