[TACRAO] Listserv Admissions Policy Template

Garcia, Dan D. ddgarcia at mail.wtamu.edu
Fri Nov 1 17:16:19 CDT 2013

Try as I might, I can't send you a direct email (my system wants to keep adding the "." at the end of your email address and won't let me delete it. So I'll post a response here:

Paola,

Keep in mind, nothing is a "policy" unless the TAMUS Board of Regents votes and says it is. I know it's probably minor, but it's been drilled into our heads by System attorneys and others that it's more likely a "procedure" or "practice" ....so unless it's going to get a vote, it's not a policy. Labeling it right will keep people off your back.

So I have a question: Are you interested in a particular type of policy or procedure? Like what to do about accepting unofficial transcripts....or just a broad "whom you admit" kind of thing?

Dan

Dan D. García
Vice President for Enrollment Management
West Texas A&M University
PO Box 60731
Canyon, TX 79016
Voice - 806.651.2031