[TACRAO] Listserv Questions For Community Colleges

Holly Surginer hsurginer at mclennan.edu
Wed Jun 26 08:32:39 CDT 2013

Good Morning,

I'm going to try this post again and apologize for the reply to all yesterday.

I have two questions about degree requirements and degree plans for community colleges:

1.       Does your institution allow students to use WECM courses to fulfill elective requirements for transfer degrees such as the AA, AS...?

2.       Our institution offers "pre" degree plans for A.A.S. degrees programs with an admissions process (i.e., ADN, Respiratory Care, Veterinary Technology, etc.). As you know with the new financial aid rules, students are no longer able to receive financial aid with a "pre" degree plan. Have you created a "local needs" workforce degree plan to solve this problem?

Thanks,
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CE7247.B77ADCD0]

Holly Surginer
Assistant Registrar