[TACRAO] Listserv FW: Register Now and Pay with Next Year’s Budget for AACRAO’s Technology and Transfer Conferences

Griffith, Becki bgriffit at lee.edu
Thu Jun 13 09:53:28 CDT 2013

Good morning, TACRAO-land!  Passing on a professional development opportunity from AACRAO.

[http://www.communicatebydesign.com/clients/AACRAO/2013-Transfer-Tech-Conf/images/2013-Tech-Trans-email_01.jpg]

Meeting Information
What’s Happening at Tech
What’s Happening at Transfer

Meeting Information

Register Now, Pay Later
If your school’s fiscal year ends on June 30, you can register for either the AACRAO Technology<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/84> or Transfer Conference<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/85> and pay after the start of your new fiscal year! We have extended the early bird registration deadline to June 21; if you register<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/86> by that date, not only will you save $125 on your registration fee, you can defer your payment until July. Even if you register after the early bird deadline, you can still pay later. Simply go through the registration process and exit the system where payment is due. We will send a balance due notice after July 1. It’s as simple as that!

Attend Two Meetings for the Price of One
It’s not too late to plan your trip to Tucson for Tech and Transfer. Reserve your room<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/87> at the beautiful J.W. Marriott Starr Pass from July 14-16, and take advantage of three days of sessions, roundtables, and networking. Attendees must register for one meeting, but will have the option of attending sessions of interest at either meeting. The meetings will also share an opening reception, the exhibit hall, and the Monday plenary presentation discussing Future Trends in Higher Education.

Registration Brochures Available Online
For information on sessions, workshops, featured speakers, hotel, and travel information in an easy-to-view format, download the Technology Conference Registration Brochure<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/88> or Transfer Conference Registration Brochure<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/89>.

Session Spotlights
Be sure to check out the Session Spotlights<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8a> for both Tech and Transfer. For each week leading up to the meetings, the site will feature a presenter and their session, along with a short Q&A. Interviews will highlight our workshops and sessions.

Dine Around Tucson
AACRAO is offering a Dine Around Tucson option for meeting attendees. Get dropped off in downtown Tucson, explore the city, and grab a bite to eat. Reservation information as well as some restaurant options are listed online<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8b>.

What’s Happening at Tech

Technology Conference Preconference Workshops
This year’s Technology Conference offers a Sunday preconference workshop on “Enhancing Student Success.”<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8c> Karen Thurmond and Glenn Munson of the University of Memphis will demonstrate how to use data to develop and implement strategies to enhance student success.

We are also offering our Registrar 101/FERPA Workshop<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8d> for those new to the profession. This two-day workshop will also address the changes to the FERPA regulations – specifically those relating to technology – and how they affect your institution. In addition, at the conclusion of the meetings, a Registrar 201<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8d> module is being offered for those with at least five years of experience.

The Registrar Forum @ Tech is again continuing this year. Led by a panel of seasoned experts, the Forum will challenge registrars to use technology to further the role and mission of the registrar’s office. Click here<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8e> for information on the faculty, agenda, and pricing. And due to the success of the Registrar Forum, we are introducing The Admissions Forum @ Tech<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8f>. With so many different technical tools, applications, analytics, and methods available to target students, how do we know what’s right for our campus? Discuss your questions with our distinguished faculty.

Complete information on AACRAO’s Technology Conference is available on the meeting website<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8g>. Thank you to Hyland Software<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8h> for its sponsorship of AACRAO’s Technology Conference.

What’s Happening at Transfer

Plenary Speakers: Transfer, Future Trends, Core Values, and More
AACRAO is pleased to have three renowned and respected authorities in their field present the plenary presentations at the Transfer Conference. In his opening keynote, “The Promise of Transfer: Reminiscences, Recommendations, and a Rant,” Stephen J. Handel<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8i>, noted expert and Executive Director of the National Office of Community College Initiatives at the College Board, will examine the fundamentals of the community college-four-year institution transfer partnership, document the increasing desire of students to transfer, identify factors that predict a resurgence of this pathway, and recommend strategies to enhance this vital academic conduit as envisioned by education progressives over 100 years ago.

In this shared Transfer/Technology panel discussion, Tom Black<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8j>, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs and University Registrar, Stanford University; Paul Fain<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8k>, Senior Reporter for Inside Higher Ed; and Michele Norin<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8l>, CIO, University of Arizona, will discussion “The Future Trends in Higher Education.” They will discuss, analyze, and prognosticate the future of our professions.

Another highlight of the Transfer program will be “Today's College Students: Core Values for Building Transfer Student Success.” Closing plenary speaker Mark Allen Poisel<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8m> will discuss the shifting demographics of our students and the need for institutions to develop and adhere to inherent core values to help them succeed.

Complete information on AACRAO’s Technology Conference is available on the meeting website<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8n>. Thank you to CollegeSource<http://www4.aacrao.org/t/8o> for its generous support and sponsorship of AACRAO’s Transfer Conference.

For additional information or questions, contact AACRAO:
E-mail: meetings at aacrao.org<mailto:meetings at aacrao.org>
Phone: (202) 293-9161<tel:%28202%29%20293-9161>

Follow us:

[http://www.aacrao.org/Libraries/Controls/facebook_sm.sflb.ashx]<http://www.facebook.com/AACRAO>

[http://www.aacrao.org/Libraries/Controls/twitter_sm.sflb.ashx]<http://twitter.com/aacrao>

[http://www.aacrao.org/Libraries/Controls/linkedin_sm.sflb.ashx]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aacrao>

[http://www.aacrao.org/Libraries/Controls/googleicon_sm_alt.sflb.ashx]<https://plus.google.com/101753729118039122278/posts>

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520 | Washington, D.C. 20036-1135
(202) 293-9161<tel:%28202%29%20293-9161> Main / (202) 872-8857<tel:%28202%29%20872-8857> Fax / www.aacrao.org<http://www.aacrao.org> / meetings at aacrao.org<mailto:meetings at aacrao.org>