[TACRAO] Listserv Dean's list

Dewbre, Dane ddewbre at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Dec 17 14:05:53 CST 2013

South Plains College has submitted dean's list for publication for many years.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2013, at 2:00 PM, "Sanders, Kimberly" <sanderk1 at stthom.edu<mailto:sanderk1 at stthom.edu>> wrote:

Hello all,

I have received a request to provide those students that are on the dean’s list; so they can submit those names to the student’s hometown newspaper.

I know FERPA states that we can provide information for educational purposes. I am not seeing the educational purpose on this one. Please help. Do colleges submit such information? I have seen it at the high school level.

The information they are asking for: the highlighted information is part of our directory information.

Student Name, city, state, zip code, parents’ names, high school attended, their major, class year, their email address.

Kim

Kimberly Sanders, MS.F
Registrar/Dean of Academic Records
University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX