[TACRAO] Listserv SMU response: Winter Mini Terms and Fall Graduation

Hall, John jhall at mail.smu.edu
Thu Dec 5 17:20:26 CST 2013

At SMU, if the mimi term ended after the close of the SMU Fall term, we would consider the student a May graduate as that is the next official graduation date.

However, on request and if all degree requirements have been met, we would post the degree before the May graduation date to generate a transcript or certification.

For example, in February '14 we might post a May '14 degree.

We don't like to do this, but we will if it'll help the SMU graduate get a job or into graduate school ahead of a TCU grad.

John