[TACRAO] Listserv Certificates on Transcripts

Gazda, Dana E Gazda at UHCL.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:14:00 CST 2023

Hello,

I have a request for best practices regarding the official college transcript.

UHCL offers certificates that are 15 credit hours or fewer.  It's my understanding that the certificates that do not need approval by THECB or accrediting agency because they are under 16 credit hours.  UHCL approved the certificate plans and they are included in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs.

What is the guidance from TACRAO?  Can institutions post certificates on the official college transcript that are not approved by the THECB or accrediting agency?

I contacted the THECB and was informed it would be an institutional decision.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Dana Gazda
Assistant Registrar-Academic Support

[uhcl-signature-logo]