[TACRAO] Listserv Legislative Update - Updated

Sam Carrell scarrell at uttyler.edu
Wed Jun 23 10:53:36 CDT 2021

Good Morning TACRAO!

First, thank you to Shep Grinnan from Midland for pointing out a bill we
missed after yesterday's email. SB 279, requiring suicide prevention hotline
information on ID cards, flew under our radar as it was never flagged with a
higher education subject and bypassed the higher ed committees, instead
passing through the K-12 channels. The companion bills tagged for higher ed
had been on our watch lists, but they all failed. This bill does apply to
public higher ed institutions, and it is effective immediately, so anyone
who wasn't already aware of this at the campus level, please take notice.

A link to the bill's TLO page is copied in below, and it has been added into
the updated Excel attached here.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R
<https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=SB279>
&Bill=SB279

Thank you,

Dr. Sam Carrell, Ph.D., M.B.A.

Associate Registrar for Graduation, Curriculum, and Policy

Office of the Registrar

The University of Texas at Tyler

Ph: (903) 565-5925

Fax: (903) 565-5705

UT Tyler Honor Code:  I embrace honor and integrity.  Therefore, I choose
not to lie, cheat, or steal, nor to accept the actions of those who do.