[TACRAO] Listserv TAICEP At Your Desk free webinars: Internet Archive's Wayback Machine

Peggy Bell Hendrickson peggy at transcriptresearch.com
Fri Jan 22 11:18:32 CST 2021

 Texas' own Peggy Bell Hendrickson & Shelby Cearley are hosting two
*free *webinars
on using the Wayback Machine for credentials evaluators next week. While
these sessions are being offered from an international education
perspective and using those types of examples, the skills and tips & tricks
will be equally relevant for domestic admissions. (They're free to attend,
but the recording will only be available for TAICEP members.)

Here's the official blurb:

Please join us on January 26th and 27th for our two-part free TAYD webinar
series on using the Internet Archive with an emphasis on the Wayback
Machine! Veteran credentials evaluators Peggy Hendrickson and Shelby
Cearley will be sharing some of their favorite tips and tricks for using
the Wayback Machine to assist with evaluation work. We'll have two separate
webinars aimed at beginner and intermediate users of the Internet Archive.
As part of the introductory session, we'll show you some basic steps on how
to use the Wayback Machine to look up historical information from
institutions like degree plans, catalogs, syllabi, entry requirements,
grading scales, program standard duration, and more to ensure you are using
time-appropriate information on your evaluation assessments. Our
intermediate session will focus on more complex strategies for searching
for these items as well as some different ways for searching for old
websites. We will get familiar with using the Internet Archive's Boolean
operators, learn some history about this not-for-profit organization, and
learn how we can save information individually or institutionally to the
Internet Archive. In addition, we'll look at the Internet Archive's library
to show you some of the relevant publications useful for credentials
evaluations.

Both sessions will be focused on having plenty of time for attendees to
practice the strategies via a scavenger hunt!

Please come ready to search and share your best ideas! This webinar series
is open to TAICEP members and non-members, and both sessions will be
recorded for TAICEP member access after the live sessions.

Register for Part I:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__us02web.zoom.us_meeting_register_tZ0vcuyvqTgtGtLmNhUUKazRUE4jUdCWdCGk&d=DwIBaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=wE4mMrqXksbLzYJACD6TYx7TMUWjB8yXT2H2DG1Hx-g&s=PwYWZXqtwFIyIOfMJNwj-qsYPSgcTwpE25EVqFPcUZU&e=

Register for Part II:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__us02web.zoom.us_meeting_register_tZwvc-2DCuqjMsHtebt-5F4HQjKqYAFING4OCH8H&d=DwIBaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=wE4mMrqXksbLzYJACD6TYx7TMUWjB8yXT2H2DG1Hx-g&s=s8RSlHiUH-gDw7XA8GYc6FClhKBdEMMLZOMs9TvhRi4&e=

Hope to see you then,

peggy

--
Peggy Bell Hendrickson
Director, Transcript Research

Working toward the international exchange of people and ideas

www.transcriptresearch.com