[TACRAO] Listserv TACRAO Phishing Message

vpit at tacrao.org vpit at tacrao.org
Fri Dec 10 11:45:30 CST 2021

Good morning,

We've received a few reports from TACRAO members about receiving a message
that looks something like this:

=======

Hope you are staying well & healthy during these unprecedented times and I
wish this email finds your team well!

I am writing to confirm are you interested acquiring the list of Attendees?

TACRAO Annual Meeting 2021

Please let me know your thoughts and I will be back with details for acquire
the list. I am waiting for your response.

=======

The message above is not being sent on behalf of the TACRAO TEC or LAC, and
we are unsure as to if the senders actually have a list of attendees of the
conference. TACRAO does not release attendee lists except that conference
sponsors are able to contact a list of attendees.

In conclusion, we believe that this message is a phishing message, and we
advise you to delete the message and/or report the message/sender to your
institution if your institution has you do that.

Best,

Justin

**I will be sending this message to the membership via MemberClicks.
Apologies if you have received this twice, but we wanted to make sure
everyone possible gets this message.**

Justin Schilke

Vice President for Technology, TACRAO

Senior Associate Registrar, Rice University

ph: 713-348-3157

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tacrao.org_-250d&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=Ji0XdfYHQ605_2Q-2Z8MxFxCr8LLP628JlQfJEymYJ4&s=taAhxriyGYoGFizp_yxEjaCGHP-3wldkpKiMwknAFhY&e= > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tacrao.org_&d=DwICAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=Ji0XdfYHQ605_2Q-2Z8MxFxCr8LLP628JlQfJEymYJ4&s=Qjw_ISnBq5ui2_dP5zcscmlxYk-xjIpxabyw-2laFxU&e=