[TACRAO] Listserv FERPA/Student Authorization to Release

Martinez, Jerry Jerry.Martinez at brazosport.edu
Fri Nov 13 10:11:13 CST 2020

Happy Friday!

FERPA question:

We would like to create a FERPA/Student Authorization Release form that our can be used by programs at our institution (police academy, workforce programs, etc.) that would eliminate the need for the student to approve authorization to multiple organizations that these programs need to be providing information to. We have different programs needing to report back to sponsors, local business groups working in partnership with our colleges, etc., and I'm wondering if any of you all have an 'umbrella' FERPA release form that uses the language of, '...by signing this release you provide consent for our institution to provide your student data to program partners, sponsors, and agencies directly related to the yada yada yada...'

*        If you have a form you would be willing to share, I would appreciate if you can email me directly.

*        If you have some feedback on this approach, please share.

Thanks!

Jerry

Jerry Martinez | Director of Admissions and Registrar | Brazosport College
Phone: 979.230.3221 | Fax 979.230.3376 | Email jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu<mailto:jerry.martinez at brazosport.edu>
500 College Drive | Lake Jackson, TX 77566
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D57846.0D2F38A0]