[TACRAO] Listserv Text Opt-In/Opt-Out Flags in Banner

Reyna, Oscar Oscar.Reyna at tamucc.edu
Tue May 5 10:59:38 CDT 2020

Good morning, fellow TACRAOans.

I hope this email finds you all well and in good health.

My questions is aimed at Banner institutions only.

How is your institution updating students’ text opt-in/opt-out preferences in Banner?  We currently ask a question on ApplyTexas which feeds into SAAQUAN (query only form).  With the use of text messaging on the rise, how are you updating Banner if a student who originally opted-out of text messages changes his/her mind and now wants in?  What form, in Banner, are you using to update this status?  Are you using Banner Self-Service to have your students update their text preferences?

Thank you, in advance, for your input.  I look forward to hearing back from you.

You can email me directly to Oscar.Reyna at tamucc.edu<mailto:Oscar.Reyna at tamucc.edu> if you prefer.

Sincerely,
Oscar Reyna
Executive Director of Recruitment & Admissions
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5774
Office of Recruitment & Admissions
Corpus Christi, Texas  78412-5774
O. 361-825-5934 F. 361-825-5887

[/Users/oscarreyna/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1615413265]

[signature_464990849]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__futureislander.tamucc.edu_-3Futm-5Fsource-3Dtopnav-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dtamucc.edu-26utm-5Fmedium-3Dbecome-5Fan-5Fislander&d=DwIGaQ&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=qhFflBAIieoCjhgNxErW1Mgn0StHAujzjaCHPrO9Gxk&s=oE22PACLRM_Tsx55j9zjv7SVsoxMC1ykiQTabIY-2lI&e= >

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential student information. Unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited under the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C.*1232g; 34 CFR Part 99). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.