[TACRAO] Listserv Degree Name Change

Busby, Maria REG_MZB at SHSU.EDU
Fri Oct 11 11:48:10 CDT 2019

Hi Nathan,

We would not allow a retroactive change to past graduates because at the time they completed that degree it was the approved title to the program.

Maria Busby | Director - Registrar Operations
Responsibility - Intellection -Adaptability - Input - Belief
Email: mariabusby at shsu.edu<mailto:mariabusby at shsu.edu>
Sam Houston State University
Phone:  936-294-1036
"A leader is someone who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." ~~ Tony Evans

Sam Houston State University ~ A Member of The Texas State University System

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Dugat, Nathan
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:19 PM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Degree Name Change

**External Email**
Hello,

One of our colleges wishes to change the name of a degree that they issue, and they wanted to know if they could retroactively offer this changed name to students who have already graduated from the program. Is this something that you would allow? In this case, the coursework is the same.

Thank you,

Nathan Dugat
University of St. Thomas - Houston