[TACRAO] Listserv Terminology Question

Busby, Maria REG_MZB at SHSU.EDU
Wed Feb 27 13:47:16 CST 2019

Hi Becky,

While we don't call our process an "administrative" withdrawal, we do handle specialty withdrawals including those which we call "Resignations" such as:

*        Requests after the Resignation Date

*        Requests to backdate to pre-first class date

*        Requests to backdate to the last day to resign deadline

These are all special cases determined to be "life situation" situations in which either illness, hospitalization, family type emergencies, and sometimes area disasters caused a need to request a backdated resignation.

We have a committee made up of the academic deans, financial aid staff, Bursar staff, and Registrar to review the requests and determine a decision.  The academic deans being a part of the review process adds a great value. The final decision is definitely the dean's decision and the additional committee members provide valuable insight to each situation.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Maria Busby
Associate Registrar, Responsibility - Intellection -Adaptability - Input - Belief
Email: mariabusby at shsu.edu<mailto:mariabusby at shsu.edu>
Sam Houston State University
Phone:  936-294-1036
"A leader is someone who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." ~~ Tony Evans

Sam Houston State University ~ A Member of The Texas State University System