[TACRAO] Listserv Unofficial Transcripts in Banner

Jennifer L. Minke Jennifer.Minke at tamuk.edu
Wed Feb 27 11:36:42 CST 2019

Hi,

We do allow the use of unofficial transcripts for some of our admission processes.  We have created specific ADMR codes that identify documents as official versus unofficial.

UHS1, UHS2 and UHS3 are all equal to Unofficial HS Transcript
UCT1 through UCT9 are equal to Unofficial College Transcript

We have codes for various unofficial test scores, as well.

Even if we will not use the unofficial document(s) during the admission process, we will still log the items into the checklist as received so that both the applicant and our processors can see what items have been received, in addition to what items are still required.  In today's world we are finding that more and more of our FTIC applicants are not aware of what constitutes an official document, so logging in the unofficial documents allows us to counteract the "But I sent my official transcript/test scores on such and such date" by indicating that we received that document and it was not official.

Jen

Jennifer Minke, Associate Director of Admission
Office of Admission
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd, MSC 128
Kingsville TX  78363