[TACRAO] Listserv Listserv: Change of major and impacts

Busby, Maria REG_MZB at SHSU.EDU
Wed Feb 13 19:35:43 CST 2019

Hi Angie,

We are currently preparing to propose a policy about Changes of Majors/Minors for students so we can ensure we are remaining compliant with the CPOS process.

Currently, these are my responses in red below:

Does your institution limit when a change of major is processed? For example, after census, post date to first day of next term

·       Planning to propose timeframe restrictions to the Change of Major/Minor process

What office processes the change of major requests?

·       The Registrar’s Office processes the Changes of Major/Minor. (We are a Banner school and we do not release the form where the changes to student curriculum are made.)

Is there a max hours that limits change of major? (<-- ex:  at 75 hours it must be approved by the college dean)

·       There are no max hour restriction to the Change of major/minor process.

I hope our answers help you out, have a great Valentine’s Day!

Maria Busby
Associate Registrar, Responsibility - Intellection -Adaptability - Input - Belief
Email: mariabusby at shsu.edu<mailto:mariabusby at shsu.edu>
Sam Houston State University
Phone:  936-294-1036
“A leader is someone who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” ~~ Tony Evans

Sam Houston State University ~ A Member of The Texas State University System

Does your institution limit when a change of major is processed? For example, after census, post date to first day of next term

What office processes the change of major requests?

Is there a max hours that limits change of major? (<-- ex:  at 75 hours it must be approved by the college dean)

Best,

Angie

Angelica M. Barrera, M.S.
Executive Director of Academic Advising
Interim Associate Vice President for Student Advising & Support
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Phone:  210-458-4302
Email:  angelica.barrera at utsa.edu<mailto:angelica.barrera at utsa.edu>

[id:image001.png at 01D40F80.A2AAA570]
This email and any file transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the delegate responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this communication in error and that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or use of this information is strictly prohibited; please notify the sender immediately of the error.