[TACRAO] Listserv SMU: FERPA and Transcript Recipient Information

Hall, John A. (University Registrar) jhall at mail.smu.edu
Wed Feb 13 18:20:54 CST 2019

Sloan -

Please see below for SMU.

John

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Sloan K. White
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:05 PM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv FERPA and Transcript Recipient Information

Good Afternoon,

Our undergraduate education department has asked the Registrar's Office to provide official transcript request recipient information for their students/graduates who are seeking teaching certification through the State of Texas. They are trying to develop a method of tracking their graduates to the school districts/schools where they are initially employed for teaching.

1.       Does anyone provide this information to their schools or departments?
At SMU once a month we send our office of student success and retention a list of transcript requests processed.
We've also done this for other areas in response to ad hoc requests.

2.       Do you require that they obtain a signed release from the student/graduate?
No. But we do verify that this is for institutional purposes.
If the information is to be provided to a third party, they would need a release.

3.       Do you assist your schools or departments in helping track student's after graduation in any other way?
We assist in administering a required graduation survey.

Thank you,

Sloan White

Sloan White, M.Ed.
University Registrar
Texas Wesleyan University

skwhite at txwes.edu<mailto:skwhite at txwes.edu>
Office: 817-531-4469
Fax: 817-531-4464

[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__txwes.edu_media_communications-2Doffice_brand-2Dtoolbox_email-2Dsignatures_TxWes-2Demail-2Dlogo.png&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=h9JoJx5WnsBfVkk4g7uYwisrwiN2iMP383DXsTe5JXM&s=61FVo08Hop4caee5XcpwVE-Z2Zi6vhmmHSWxdCaMP4k&e=]