[TACRAO] Listserv University Application Fee Insight

Gray, Sheila Sheila.Gray at ttu.edu
Wed May 30 08:48:39 CDT 2018

Texas Tech answers are below!

Sheila

[cid:image001.png at 01D0B4D9.CAB7A400]
                          Sheila Gray
                          Associate Director

                         Undergraduate Admissions
                         Box 45005 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
                         T 806.834.3840 | F 806.742.0062

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> On Behalf Of Davis, Tiffany
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:44 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv University Application Fee Insight

Good Morning,

We are taking a deeper look at our undergraduate application fee process and are interested to know what other universities are doing. Your responses are greatly appreciated!

  *   Do you require a new application fee for each application submitted?
     *   If yes, for (all apps, only new major, second bachelors etc..) Yes, for each different type of application or new term

  *   Do you withhold the admission decision until the application fee is paid? Yes, the fee is a mandatory item so it is required to complete the file.

  *   Do you offer a fee waiver?
     *   If yes, for what (ACT/SAT/NACAC/EFC=$0)?
We use FAFSA data to qualify applicants for fee waivers. For FTIC we use the Federal Free/Reduced meals criteria; for Transfer we use EFC=0. There are other items we consider such as public assistance, DPS waiver, homelessness.

  *   Do you, or have you considered,  offering a deferred billing option for students who qualify for a waiver, rather than actually waiving the fee?
     *   If yes, (considering or implemented). We have not considered this option

Thanks for your help and have a wonderful day!

Tiffany Davis
Associate Director
Office of Admissions
West Texas A&M University
WTAMU Box 60907
Canyon TX 79016
p. 806-651-2006
f. 806-651-5285

[BuffStrong Logo for Email Signatures]My Strengths:Deliberative-Relator-Restorative-Achiever-Responsibility