[TACRAO] Listserv State rule about enrolled in graduating term?

Lothringer, Robert RLothringer at twu.edu
Wed May 23 17:46:39 CDT 2018

All-

We have a legacy item in our graduate catalog (legacy in that it's been in there for years and just has never been questioned) that says there is a State of Texas requirement that a student be enrolled in the term in which she or he is graduating.  However, it does not reference any TEC or TAC code or THECB rule.

We are not sure where this referenced State requirement originated from and if it's even still the case.  I can't find anything in the Texas Education Code or the THECB website.

Has anyone heard of such a rule, and if so, can you point me to where it exists?

Thank you!
Bobby

Bobby Lothringer
University Registrar