[TACRAO] Listserv Change in School/College Name within University

Whitaker, Latoya R. Latoya.Whitaker at bcm.edu
Thu May 3 12:04:11 CDT 2018

Hi all-

A school/college within our university is changing the name from School of Allied Health to School of Health Professions.  The effective date of this name change is coming up and we are preparing to see what impacts this will have on records/transcripts, etc.  The question has come up as to if the new name (Health Professions) should be applied to former students who graduated under Allied Health.  There are two very different paths we could take in our SIS with this update, we could do a "find and replace" concept or change everything from "effective date forward".  I am emailing to see if you have worked through a school/program name change at your school. If so, could you answer the following and provide any other lessons learned or information.

1)      Did you apply the new name to all student records (former students and current students)?
2)      Did you add a text comment to your transcript legend explaining the name change and effective date?
3)      If you print the name of the university AND the school/college name on diplomas, how do you handle replacement diplomas? Do you print the school/college name as it was when they graduated OR the new name of the school/college?
a.      Example:
i.      Baylor College of Medicine
                  School of Health Professions
Thanks!

Latoya R. Whitaker, M.A.
Registrar
Baylor College of Medicine
DeBakey Building M-210
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX  77030-3411
713-798-3092
713-798-1518 - Fax
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bcm.edu_registrar&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=e0YqRNIEfb_mzH17acJsEZL0LnqG_pQRrHsic8C4k98&s=eUNJvSElq2wBJl-Q4-OuKpA1aUwE333_pCrzzBmzbCA&e=

Please take a moment to complete this survey<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_r_657XSVQ&d=DwIFAg&c=oqyuZuih6ykib6aKiBq22_bich4AVfYGoLertJN0bEc&r=5cwyr3ZZzjmRsIsXglBYqQ&m=e0YqRNIEfb_mzH17acJsEZL0LnqG_pQRrHsic8C4k98&s=ACP_K0hp-uO6t2WoKuR163MV_b-QFS24XuDi0oPCSR8&e=> to help us improve our service.

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system. Thank you."