[TACRAO] Listserv TACRAO Listserv Delivery Issues to UTHealth

Saldana, Karen Karen.Saldana at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 8 15:49:47 CDT 2018

To whom it may concern,

Please forward this message to the Email/MTA Administrator for assistance.

Our users in the Registrar's Office at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston are not getting many of the messages from this listserv.  Our MTA message logs show the following errors:

·          Too many hops 42 (25 max): from <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> via localhost, to lori.zerr at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:lori.zerr at uth.tmc.edu>

·          Too many hops 42 (25 max): from <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> via localhost, to brenda.b.powers at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:brenda.b.powers at uth.tmc.edu>

·          Too many hops 39 (25 max): from <tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu> via localhost, to stephanie.h.snedden at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:stephanie.h.snedden at uth.tmc.edu>

A review of a header for a message received by Brenda Powers on July 31, 2018 showed a total of 16 hops where the first 13 hops happened inside of the tamuc.edu domain.  If these messages have more than 25 hops our users will not get those messages delivered.  Has something changed in the mail flow for this listserv?

I can be reached at the contact information below Monday - Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM.  Please feel free to contact me by email or phone.  Thank you in advance for looking into this issue.

Karen Saldaña
System Administrator
MTA Administrator

UTHealth | The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
IT DCOS | Infrastructure Group - Windows Server Team|
7000 Fannin St | Suite M35 | Houston, TX 77030
713 486 2247 tel | 713 383 3703 fax
Karen.Saldana at uth.tmc.edu