[TACRAO] Listserv Grades of D

Inglish, Darla darla.inglish at mwsu.edu
Mon Sep 28 10:21:24 CDT 2015

Hello,
Answers below for Midwestern State.

Darla Inglish, Registrar
Midwestern State University
3410 Taft Blvd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76308-2099
Phone 940-397-4321, Fax 940-397-4672
Visit us online at : http://www.mwsu.edu

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Munson, Wanda
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 9:17 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Grades of D

Hello Everyone,

My question concerns the uses for grades of D.

1.      Do you award grades of D? Yes

2.      If you award  grades of D, are they considered passing? Yes

3.      Will grades of D apply to graduation at your institution? Yes, but some program requirements restrict them and some pre-requisite requirements are stricter for moving to next level.

4.      Will you transfer in grades of D to apply toward graduation? Yes, but some program requirements restrict them and some pre-requisite requirements are stricter.  Regarding common core, we were told if we would allow a D to count in the core for a course for a native student we would have to allow it  to count in core for a transfer student.

Thanks for your help.

Wanda
[http://www.sanjac.edu/sites/default/files/10/SJC-seal-sm.png]

Wanda Simpson Munson
San Jacinto College
Dean of Enrollment Management & College Registrar
13735 Beamer Road, S8.1001|Houston, TX 77089
Direct: (281) 998-6150 |(281) 669-4711
Wanda.Munson at sjcd.edu<mailto:Wanda.Munson at sjcd.edu> www.sanjac.edu<http://www.sanjac.edu>|
www.facebook.com/sanjacintocollege<http://www.facebook.com/sanjacintocollege>|@SanJacCollege