[TACRAO] Listserv Classroom Scheduling Questions

Glenn, Truman wtglenn2 at Central.UH.EDU
Fri Sep 25 12:02:47 CDT 2015

Hello TACRAO,

I am seeking information regarding what vendor/software TACRAO institutions are currently using for room scheduling.  The University of Houston currently uses Ad Astra for room scheduling, but this company just informed us they have elected not to pursue compatibility with Oracle 12.

As a result, we are looking into alternative scheduling possibilities as our institution will move to Oracle 12 sometime in 2016.  If your office handles classroom scheduling and uses a product that can support PeopleSoft/Oracle, I would love to know:

*         What vendor/product do you use?

*         How long have you used their product?

*         Is the vendor responsive to your needs and/or identified issues?

*         Do they allow room preferencing and/or offer an automated scheduling feature?

*         Does their product help you achieve the desired SUE scores with the Coordinating Board?

*         Are administrative reports provided?  If so, are you satisfied with them?

*         Is a history of room scheduling provided for each section (IE, all the rooms a section has been assigned over the course of a term, who made each update, and when)?

I appreciate any feedback you are willing to provide.  Thank you for your time in advance.

Sincerely,

Truman Glenn

Truman Glenn,  Associate Registrar
Classroom Utilization and Management
Office of the University Registrar (OUR)
University of Houston
ERP<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0> Building 2, Room 217
Houston, TX 77204<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
832-842-5774<tel:832-842-5786>
Fax: 713-743-9050<tel:832-842-5786>
wtglenn at uh.edu<mailto:dahermann at uh.edu>

[cid:image001.png at 01D0F78A.17BA0980]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. University policy restricts the dissemination of certain data and any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[cid:image002.png at 01D0F78A.17BA0980]