[TACRAO] Listserv What's New West Texas Members?

Maria Aguirre maria.aguirre at tstc.edu
Tue Sep 15 10:05:58 CDT 2015

We have a new Provost.  Here is the release for it and a picture.

*TSTC Chancellor Announces New Leadership for West Texas*

(SWEETWATER) - Chancellor Mike Reeser announces the appointment of Eliska
Smith,

MASCL to serve as provost for the Texas State Technical College campuses in
Abilene, Breckenridge, Brownwood and Sweetwater, effective August 10.

Smith began her career in marketing and communications more than 25 years
ago, spanning the economic development and consulting, publishing and
health care industries, as well as higher education. Smith's tenure with
TSTC began in 2002. Today, she serves as TSTC's statewide public relations
officer and leads strategic communications from the central administrative
offices in Waco. Previously, she was TSTC's associate vice chancellor
specializing in communications, public relations, and leadership
development. She also was the founding director and sponsoring
executive-in-charge of the TSTC Leadership Institute.

"In essence, the job of the provost is to make TSTC a great place to work
and to develop our relationships with the communities in which we operate,"
said Chancellor Michael L. Reeser. "I have confidence thatEliska's keen
grasp of the organizational mission and her ability to foster relationships
will be an asset to our West Texas family," added Reeser.

"Eliska's leadership experience and broad background will serve her well as
the provost and leader of our West Texas campuses," said Gail Lawrence,
President Emerita, Vice Chancellor & Chief Culture Officer.

"It will be my joy to call the Big Country home," said Smith. "I look
forwarding to helping TSTC strengthen our partnerships with community and
industry leaders to strengthen our economies and to help more Texans
prosper," added Smith.

Smith received a Master of Arts in Strategic Communications and Leadership
from Seton Hall University, an advanced certificate in mid-management from
SMU/Cox School of Business, and a Bachelor of Arts from Baylor University.

Smith has served in leadership positions within community and professional
associations including: President and past president of the board,
Christian Women's Job Corp of McLennan County; lay director of the Greater
Waco Emmaus Community; member, Waco LeadershipPlenty; secretary, board
member, and president of the Central Texas Chapter Public Relations Society
of America; district IV executive committee member for the National Council
for Marketing and Public Relations, member of the Leadership Waco Class XX,
board member of the Leadership Waco Alumni Association, member of the
Rotary Club of Waco, and board member of the Waco Aviation Advisory Board.

Smith is a single mother, with a son, Houston, who is attending Texas Tech
University, and a daughter, Caroline, who will be attending Sweetwater High
School.