[TACRAO] Listserv SMU: Question about Students' Photos on Rosters

Hall, John A. (University Registrar) jhall at mail.smu.edu
Wed Jun 24 16:44:58 CDT 2015

SMU is same as TCU.
Faculty love it.
John

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Miller, Patrick
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:40 PM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: Re: [TACRAO] Listserv Question about Students' Photos on Rosters

Our class roster gives faculty the choice of displaying images.  Faculty seem to appreciate the opportunity.

We have not found a disadvantage.

We list image as Directory Information in our FERPA statement.  This is not necessary, but reduces concerns over unintentional exposure.

Best

Pat

Patrick Miller
Registrar and Director of Enrollment Management
TCU