[TACRAO] Listserv Transfer Work

George W. Weir George.Weir at tamuk.edu
Tue Jun 23 16:27:22 CDT 2015

I need some guidance please.

I have had a transcript submitted as transfer work to my institution from another institution.  The other institution has a policy to exclude repeated courses if the student made a certain grade on the first course taken.  For example the student made a "C" in the course the first time but repeated the same course and made an "A".  The other institution excluded the "A" (but it is on the transcript with an exclusion code).  Which course would you take as the transfer course at your University - the "C" or the excluded "A"?

Thanks for your assistance.

George W. Weir
University Registrar
Texas A&M University-Kingsville