[TACRAO] Listserv The Masters Learning Institute

Irene Robinson IRobinson at alvincollege.edu
Mon Jul 6 14:58:53 CDT 2015

Alvin CC does not recognize this school as a homeschool as the instruction is not parent directed/administered, per the Leeper case definition.  We also do not recognize it as a private high school since it's not TEPSAC recognized and that's our criteria for in-state private schools.

The question then is whether we would consider it a nontraditional high school?  However, there is not a general definition provided for that and institutions must decide for themselves.

Sounds like we have work to determine a definition of what a nontraditional high school is so we're on the same page.

The Ad Hoc Committee will have a spot at out community college summer meeting to discuss our TACRAO approved "best practices."

See you all then!

Irene Robinson
Sent from my iPhone