[TACRAO] Listserv HB5 processes for House Bill 5 confirmations

Wood, Joshua WoodJ at uhd.edu
Fri Sep 26 15:00:06 CDT 2014

Good Afternoon Everybody:

Here at UHD, we are working on our processes for freshman admissions with regards to HB 5. We'd like to see what some of you do with these students (especially Banner schools).

1.    How do you verify high school transcripts in relation to the course/program checks for college preparation?

2.    What unit(s) or personnel are responsible for this task?

3.    How do you handle this in your student system?

4.    Do you have different conditions based on the semester during which the student applies (for instance, 6th or 7th semester)? If so, what are the conditions?

We appreciate any help any of you can provide.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Joshua Wood
University of Houston - Downtown
Associate Director, Admissions Operations
One Main Street, Suite 350-S
Houston, Texas
77002-1001
Office:  (713) 221-8103
Fax:  (713) 226-5220
woodj at uhd.edu<mailto:woodj at uhd.edu>
Office of Admissions: http://www.uhd.edu/admissions
Request a transcript evaluation: http://www.uhd.edu/admissions/evaluation.html
P Please consider the environment before printing this email and/or any attachments.

For the quickest service, please utilize our online customer service site:
ASKGATOR:  http://www.uhd.edu/askgator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. University policy restricts the dissemination of certain data and any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.