[TACRAO] Listserv Waitlisting for courses

Miller, Patrick p.miller at tcu.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:04:13 CDT 2014

Jeff

Good question.  Our waitlist process is automatic and will not move a student into a class for which the student is already enrolled.  The next student on the list will automatically get the open spot.  We try to inform students about the process.  In general, I advise them to keep the class they have as opposed to dropping it and gambling they will come off the waitlist.

And... just a bit more about the way we run our waitlist process.

Waitlist enrollment observes limitations created by time conflicts and requisites.
When students are enrolled from the waitlist they receive an email informing them of this action.
Academic departments decide which, if any, course have waitlists.  Most use waitlists extensively, but some don't use them at all.

More than you wanted I'm sure.

Pat

Patrick Miller
Registrar and Director of Enrollment Management
TCU