[TACRAO] Listserv Three Questions

Andrea Liner andrea.liner at blinn.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:03:07 CDT 2014

See answers in red

Andrea "Andi" Liner
Dean of Admissions, Records/Registrar
Blinn College
902 College Avenue
Brenham, TX  77833
979-830-4413
andrea.liner at blinn.edu<mailto:andrea.liner at blinn.edu>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CE459A.F9C17B50]<http://www.blinn.edu/>

From: tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu [mailto:tacrao-bounces at tamuc.edu] On Behalf Of Durrett, Duane
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:33 AM
To: tacrao at tamuc.edu
Subject: [TACRAO] Listserv Three Questions

Would community colleges please reply with your process or information to these three questions, please?

  1.  Transfer work - do you have or use an automated system (speede, or other) to capture and transcript transfer hours when the student transfers to your institution? At what point do you put transfer credit on your college's transcript?  Blinn is a Banner school and we use the auto evaluation functionality in Banner.  We utilize speede for delivery of electronic transcripts.  Transcripts are evaluated when they are submitted.
2. Graduates/completers - are students required to petition for graduation? Are program directors part
of a process to insure all completers and graduates are identified/reported? At this time, we require students to complete a graduation application.  We are looking to discontinue this practice in the near future.  We do work with Assistant Deans or Department Heads if course substitutions or waivers are needed, however, we utilize Degree Works to complete graduation checks.  Based on Degree Works the Admissions and Records office determines if the student is conferred or not.

3. When in a semester does your institution make financial aid dispursements?
Financial aid disbursement occurs after the census date for the term.

Thanks in advance for any information you may have to share.

Duane Durrett
Dean, Weatherford College Wise County