[TACRAO] Listserv Hall's Comment: Death of Dr. Robert A. (Dr. Bob) Johnston

Hall, John A. (University Registrar) jhall at mail.smu.edu
Sat Sep 6 21:58:51 CDT 2014

Becki -

Thank you for sharing this.

I had the privilege to work with Bob in several ways in TACRAO and AACRAO. He was a hard worker, solid professional and committed to the advancement of our associations. Bob and I served together on the TACARO EC way back in time. TACRAO was pretty much broke in those days, but somehow we still pulled off some great meetings and had a lot of fun and camaraderie.

Besides being a can-do guy, Bob was a lot of fun, although a little mischievous. One recollection I have is that Bob worked out and was solid as a tank, and had a vise like grip - which he either forgot about or used as part of his mischievous nature. Too bad for some of us that the fist bump wasn't in vogue yet!

I am saddened to learn of Bob's death and my prayers are with Sandy and their family. I will always have fond memories of Bob and the work we did together and the fun times we shared.

Don Stafford is right when he says TACRAO has loss a true professional.

John