[TACRAO] Listserv SMU: Forged academic transcript disciplinary process

KLIMITCHEK, Missy Missy.Klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu
Wed Mar 19 11:03:26 CDT 2014

We had a situation in which a student forged a Victoria College transcript and submitted it to another institution.  Luckily, an alert transcript analyst realized there was "something funny" about the transcript and the envelope it arrived in.  Since the student never actually attended Victoria College there was nothing legally we could do.  Also, since he had not been accepted at the institution where he presented it, they chose not to pursue him legally.  The legal action is very expensive and time consuming and neither institution was willing to spend the money to do this.  Both institutions have place permanent holds on his accounts should he ever try to enroll again at either institution.

As a result of this, we have changed our transcript paper to one that is not easy to manipulate and will be implementing that soon.

Missy Klimitchek

Missy Klimitchek, Registrar
Admissions and Records
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF4362.DA904E20]
2200 East Red River | Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 572-6407 | missy.klimitchek at victoriacollege.edu