[TACRAO] Listserv Bogus School

Faris, Nancy nfaris at dcccd.edu
Wed Mar 5 19:25:43 CST 2014

Colleagues,
I just had a long phone conversation with Kristi, and she is up to date on DCCCD's experience with I. Jean Cooper.  All this to say, I feel I should state that the Dallas County Community College District, comprised of seven separately accredited colleges, are open admissions institutions.  High school graduation is not required for admission.  Students are referred to TSI testing and appropriately placed.
HOWEVER, in order to receive Financial Aid students must earn a GED or graduate from an accredited high school or an approved private, charter or home school.  In this case students presenting a transcript that indicates graduation from I. Jean Cooper private/home school would not be eligible for financial aid from the DCCCD.
Stepping off the soap box now...

Nancy

[DCCCDLogo]
Nancy Faris
District Director of Academic and Student Records
1601 South Lamar
Dallas, Tx.  75215
214.378.1766 (office)
214.378.1770 (FAX)