[TACRAO] Listserv Survey re "new" core curriculum

Scott Branum tbranum at gc.edu
Tue Mar 4 09:15:56 CST 2014

Good morning, Angalynn.  Here are our answers - or, well, the best we can do for now.  Like you, we have a lot of unanswered questions on how to implement the new core in Colleague.

Challenge 1:
Some of the 4-credit courses that were approved were approved for 3 of the 4 credits to fulfill a component area and for 1 of the 4 credits to fulfill another component area.

Do you also have this challenge? - Yes

How are you handling the coding of these courses that are split across component areas? - We're not sure just yet.  I am currently coordinating with our VP of Instruction and our IT department to best determine how to handle this.

Challenge 2:
In addition to noting on the transcript when the core curriculum has been completed, we would like to be able to indicate on the student's transcript when a subcomponent area of the core curriculum has been completed.  (We use the EVCC process to note core completion.)

Do you note when a subcomponent of the core is complete? - Yes

Will you share how you accomplish this? - Ours is done at the course level.  Go to CRSE and detail into "Additional Info" at the bottom of the screen.  In the ACOI form, select the core component area in the "Transfer Status" field (see the screenshot below).  We will have to make changes when we implement the new core.

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CF378A.59A34300]

Challenge 3:
I'm still learning the nuances of the behind the scenes components of the EVCC process.  How do you make certain that a student is being evaluated for the appropriate catalog's core curriculum when running the EVCC process for a large group of students who are using different catalog years? - In my understanding, there is an ongoing issue with the EVCC process.  No matter what year you put in the "Catalog" field, it always runs against the latest catalog.  The last I heard, this is still an outstanding bug.  We usually have to get IT involved to help us sort out any issues we have with students running against the wrong catalog.

--
Scott Branum | Director of Admissions/Registrar
Galveston College
This question is for all y'all that use Ellucian/Colleague.  I am looking for input as to how others are handling the following challenges.

[...]

Thank you for your feedback.

[cid:image001.png at 01CEB55F.90141980]

Angalynn Bishop, MPA
Registrar
Harvin Student Center, Room 270
Del Mar College
101 Baldwin Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX  78404
361.698.1248 Office
800.652.3357 Toll Free
361.698.1595 Fax
www.delmar.edu<http://www.delmar.edu/>

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email, including attachments, may be
privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential as provided by law. The information in this email is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the email message and immediately
return the email, attachments, and any and all copies to the sender. If you are not the intended recipient
of this email and received it in error, please be advised that you may be subject to civil liability for any
use of privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information contained herein.