[TACRAO] Listserv name changes

Griffith, Becki bgriffit at lee.edu
Sun Nov 24 14:34:29 CST 2013

Well, I live in a PeopleSoft world, a sort of alternate reality. HR has authority over the "person" record of an employee, and the "person" record is tied to the student record (if the person has a student record), at LC.

We have had this happen...HR will NOT allow the person to be employed and compensated under any other name than the one the SSN is assigned to.  If a former or current student IS HIRED and has updated their SS record to reflect a new name, the name is changed by HR (with a new effective dated row).

HOWEVER, we do get notified by HR, and we put on a hold so the student records are frozen (no transcripts, no enrollment) until the person provides the proof of name change to us, in the records office.  As noted no change occurs until the person is actually HIRED.

Since employees like to get paid, they usually don't mind the way we do this.  I don't like it, and I know some of you are also at PS schools, so I wonder how you get around this-other than maybe you have a big mod or different config to your system.

Becki Griffith
Registrar and Director of Admissions
Lee College
PO Box 818, Baytown, TX  77522
281.425.6399 (voice)  281.425.6831 (fax)