[TACRAO] Listserv name changes

Michele Stevens mstevens at fpctx.edu
Fri Nov 22 17:17:50 CST 2013

No, we would only change the name with a request from the student.

Michele Stevens
Frank Phillips College
Director of Enrollment Management

On Nov 22, 2013, at 5:08 PM, "Jeff Rhodes" <rhodesjh at utpa.edu<mailto:rhodesjh at utpa.edu>> wrote:

Good evening, colleagues.  I’m taking a stand, and I need to know if you would do the same.

Student graduates and later returns and completes an application for faculty employment (in our applicant tracking system).  The SSN and date of birth match, but the name has now changed (due to marriage, divorce, or court order).  Since the former student’s file now will be also a faculty record, I’ve been asked to allow the applicant tracking system to overwrite the name information in the student record.  I said no – we only process a name change at the request of the student when accompanied by sufficient documentation.

Question, would you allow the applicant data to overwrite your student record data?

Thanks,

JHR

Jeff Rhodes, Ed.D.
University Registrar
University of Texas-Pan American
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539
956.665.3109
www.utpa.edu/registrar<http://www.utpa.edu/registrar>

“If you don’t like change, you’ll like irrelevance even less.”
- General Eric Shinseki, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army