[TACRAO] Listserv Admissions Letters

Sherry Benoit sherry.wells at lamar.edu
Fri Nov 1 09:14:32 CDT 2013

I agree with Dan.  I see students tweeting and instagraming (is that even
a word?) their acceptance letters and tagging Lamar University.  I’ve seen
their friends comment “Where is that school?” with responses “Beaumont!”
or “Southeast Texas” because our market has expanded far enough that we
are admitting traditional FTIC’s from further and further away from our
local area.  Now as a former Registrar I sometimes cringe at the amount of
personal information they reveal in some of these posts (name, address,
and even student ID number at times).  But from the Enrollment Management
perspective, it’s great advertisement.

Sherry

Sherry Benoit, Ed.D.

Associate Vice-President

Strategic Enrollment Management

Lamar University

PO Box 11781

Beaumont TX 77710

409-880-1718 Office

409-880-7515 Fax

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including
attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized
disclosure or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of
confidential, proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under
Lamar Policy. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this e-mail from your system.